Cruise Ship Interiors Design Expo Americas will land at the Miami Beach Convention Center on June 18 – 20, 2019.
With less than a year to go, Miami is set to welcome operators, shipyards, interior outfitters, architects, and interior design studios to meet with the entire supply chain working within the cruise refurbishment, newbuild, and overhaul markets. With the marine sector seeing significant growth, this event has been truly welcomed by the entire industry.
More than 150 marine interiors suppliers will showcase cutting-edge equipment covering marine flooring and decking, turnkey outfitting, public areas, IMO fabrics, interior design and more. This event is what the cruise interiors industry has been waiting for, with 70% of the show floor already sold to the world’s leading cruise suppliers including Trimline, Berenblum Busch Architects, Bolidt, MJM Marine, Chelsom, Elmo Leather, Forbo Flooring Systems, Bez Marine, Studio DADO, and Tillberg Design of Sweden.
“Cruise Ship Interiors Design Expo Americas is an exciting and needed addition to the cruise industry’s design and architecture, which will provide a source for designers and suppliers to connect, exchange ideas and see the latest products that can be used on future projects.”– Petu Kummala, senior director of interior design & architecture, Carnival Cruise Line
With a brand-new show comes a brand new state-of-the-art hall at the Miami Beach Convention Center, which is located within close proximity to the world’s major cruise line offices, including Norwegian Cruise Line, Virgin Voyages, and Carnival Cruise Line. Petu Kummala, senior director of interior design at Carnival Cruise Line, says, “Cruise Ship Interiors Design Expo Americas is an exciting and needed addition to the cruise industry’s design and architecture, which will provide a source for designers and suppliers to connect, exchange ideas and see the latest products that can be used on future projects.”
The 2019 event will also feature a two-day conference designed to inspire, educate, and challenge visitors through insightful and thought-provoking discussions. Additionally, an Official Launch Party will be held on Tuesday, June 18, 2019, celebrating the achievements of the cruise ship interiors industry.
There is already a buzz surrounding the expo, with key industry figures joining the advisory board. They include:
- Petu Kummala, senior director of interior design & architecture, Carnival Cruise Line
- Jeffrey Parns, director of architectural design & newbuilding, Norwegian Cruise Line
- Gary Annett, CEO, MJM Marine
- Anne Mari Gullikstad, CEO, YSA Design
- Fredrik Johansson, owner & executive project director, Tillberg Design of Sweden
- George Scammell, ASID, IIDA, director of interior design & operations, Holland America Group serving Princess Cruises
- Jacco van Overbeek, director of maritime division, Bolidt
- Greg Walton, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP, CEO & founding partner, Studio DADO
- Andy Yuill, managing director, SMC Design