Design Process & Collaboration: A Smarter Way To Collaborate
The emerging trend for wanting to grow capacity in newbuild cruise ships and the finite capacity of the shipyards means that there is a critical need for time in the drydock to be as efficient and speedy as possible, as the timings on projects are getting ever more compressed. With 30 yeas of experience in the industry, and having worked with every major European shipyard, Greg Walton, founding partner of Studio DADO will walk attendees through his vision for a smarter way to collaborate, across multiple stakeholders, departments and organisations.
- How to utilise technology platforms to work in a more efficient way with colleagues (as opposed to dated proprietary systems)
- Understanding the need to start the design process on the right foot with a comprehensive schedule that will map out all components and stakeholders
- What is the role of collaborative working practices in keeping output high quality?
- What role does communication play?
- The importance of building in flexibility
- Lessons learned and better ways for smarter collaboration in cruise ship design
Senior Director of Interior Design
Carnival Cruise Line
CEO & Founding Partner