Design Trends 2022
Interior design on cruise ships has matured significantly over the past few years as it has aligned itself more closely with the developments on landside design and hospitality. This session looks at the factors that are driving the ‘trends’ and examines why it is important to deliver interior design of the future as ‘timeless’ – while also connecting passengers in space with an authentic experience, including a growing interest in biolithic design parameters.
Our panel discussed:
- How is design evolving and maturing to become a more like landslide design and hospitality?
- Delivering on the client brief to enable a strong and unique identity and client branding to come through
- As millennials become the new demographics, why does developing more authentic, meaningful spaces matter in interior design?
- Biolithic design – looking at nature, using sustainable products and finishes, and well-being
- Trends come and go – it’s the aim of the designer to create ‘timeless’ design that is long-lasting and more authentic, creating a connection to space in a more mature way
- Communication is key: understanding and interpreting the client brief at the outset, while maintaining communication lines to ensure the outcomes stay on message
- Using new technologies in design
Marine Projects & Communications Director
Partner, Senior Interior Designer & Project Director
Tillberg Design of Sweden
Senior Interior Designer