Our Sustainability Mission
Cruise Ship Interiors is committed to taking measures to ensure our shows have as little environmental impact as possible.
Below are examples of some of the initiatives we are embracing as we begin our journey to a more sustainable future:
- We have developed sustainability guidelines for all exhibitors as part of their wider exhibitor manual, encouraging exhibitors to consider how to reduce, reuse and recycle the materials on their booth.
- We work closely with our official sustainability partner – Cradle to Cradle who provide us with resources for the cruise interiors industry and help shape best practise for the show.
- Working alongside organisations such as Event Cycle at Cruise Ship Interiors Design Expo Americas will see us better placed to link waste material with community programs who can re-purpose the materials.
- Offsetting the pollution generated by staff travel by working with Terrapass, a carbon capture initiative, restoring the balance between our carbon footprint and the lives we live. We encourage all to exhibitors consider offsetting their travel to our shows.
- Working with our host venue to ensure as much of our waste is recycled properly according to local laws and provisions.
- Eliminating all single-use plastics on-site
- Working with our catering providers to ensure more meat-free options, further eliminating food waste through donations after the event to local charities, and using crockery and metal utensils when serving food or bamboo/biodegradable alternatives.
- Significantly reduce all printed materials, with the show and exhibitors moving to digital materials where possible. If materials are printed, materials are encouraged to be on FSC-certified paper using environmentally friendly inks.
If you have any further suggestions, comments or would like to partner with the show on any current or future initiatives, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We are always looking at ways we can run our events more sustainably.