Extending The Lifespan Of A Cruise Ship
The way passengers use space has changed over time. When re-configuring older vessels to extend their lifespan, it becomes important to develop some multipurpose public spaces to get maximum use out of the real estate.
This session looked at:
- What are the considerations for changing the function of a space?
- What kind of venues are popular?
- Designing spaces for multiple purposes: where are the opportunities?
- Understanding the complexities around the addition of balconies to older ships
- Maximising the impact of outdoor decks – enhancing the outdoors experience
- Getting the most from the technical upgrade – energy savings, increasing life-saving capacity
Director Interior Design & Operations
Holland America, Seabourn
Vice President Revitalisation and Hotel Refurbishment
Carnival Cruise Line
Senior Director of Vessel Refurbishment
Norwegian Cruise Line