- Cruise Ship Interiors Design Expo Americas will host its first awards ceremony ahead of its Miami 2020 event.
- The first-ever Cruise Ship Interiors Awards will take place at the Faena Forum on 15th June 2020.
- Awards categories span 20 areas, including best cabin design and best outdoor space.
Miami, FL, September 2019 – Shortly after its inaugural expo and conference in Miami 2019, Cruise Ship Interiors Design Expo Americas announced the introduction of its very own awards ceremony.
Due to take place ahead of next year’s Cruise Ship Interiors Design Expo Americas (CSI), the Cruise Ship Interiors Awards will host interior designers, cruise lines, and outfitters at the Faena Forum on 15th June 2020.
To ensure no interior design feat is overlooked, the awards will span three areas – spaces, products, and projects – each of which will encompass at least five categories. Confirmed categories include:
- Best Cabin Design
- Best Restaurant Design
- Best Spa/Wellness design
- Best Bar/Club Design
- Best Public Space
- Best Outdoor Space
- Best Furniture
- Best Floor Covering
- Best Lighting
- Best Art
- Best Innovation
- Sustainable Product of the Year
- Best Newbuild
- Best Refurbishment
- Best Rebrand
- Best Short Drydock
- Best Long Drydock
- Best Signage
- Rising Star
- Legend of Design
Since announcing the awards in July, the awards team has worked tirelessly to form a highly qualified panel of judges. Comprised of 9 interior designers from the world’s leading cruise lines, each category will be thoroughly reviewed before the judges determine the winner. Confirmed judges for the awards include:
- Dee Cooper, SVP Design & Customer Experience, Virgin Voyages
- Petra Ryberg, Head of Design, P&O Australia
- George Scammell, Director of Interior Design & Operations, Princess Cruises
- Petu Kummala, Senior Director Interior Design & Architecture, Carnival Cruise Line
- My Nguyen, Director of Interior Design & Operations, Seabourn
- Colin Gant, Vice President of Vessel Refurbishment, Norwegian Cruise Line
- Antonio Di Nenno, Lead Architect, MSC Cruises
- Andrea Bartoli, Principal Manager of Outfitting, Carnival Corporation
- Paris Swann, Director of Architectural Design, Newbuild, and Innovation, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
Commenting on the debut Cruise Ship Interiors Awards, Cruise Ship Interiors Expo’s CEO Toby Walters said:
“At Cruise Ship Interiors, our shows are designed with the purpose of showcasing and connecting the impressive talent the cruise interior design industry has to offer, so it was a natural step to create our very own awards with the purpose being to recognise and reward specific designers and projects. The panel of judges we’ve brought together is second to none, and I have no doubt that these accolades will become a staple in the cruise interiors calendar.”
About Cruise Ship Interiors Design Expo Americas
Cruise Ship Interiors Design Expo Americas began in Miami as a brand-new expo & conference for the cruise interiors industry. Its first event united the entire cruise interiors industry under one roof for two days of exhibits, conference sessions, live demos, and more. After the success of its first event, and the industry’s communication that the expo was filling a void for the industry, Cruise Ship Interiors has expanded its brand to Europe and now to its Awards ceremony.